Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Last Samurai





I thought I had to write about one of the best movies that I have seen for a very long time. This has a special place in my heart, this was the only movie I watched more than once in my entire life time. I had a time when I used to see bits and crannies of this movie almost daily.

It is such a wonderful movie, it speaks about a long forgotten word honor, commitment and discipline. The picturization of the movie is damn good and the scores by Hans Zimmer are remarkable.

This will get you deep into Japanese samurai culture, anyways there are some historic inaccuracies, but the movies theme hasn't changed because of the inaccuracies.

The way Tom Cruise and the other Japanese actors have acted makes it a must watch.

The story is about Tom Cruise (An US army captain) who goes to Japan on a mission to fight the Samurai, he ends up as a captive to the Samurai warriors and lives the life of a captive for almost an year, he falls in love with the Samurai culture and then he becomes a brother in arms to them to fight the imperial army of Japan.

Many who saw the movie after my suggestion, just came back being awestruck and felt worthy of the time.

No comments: